The rooms I use are centrally located in Brighton and Hove within easy reach of public transport.
Sessions usually last 50 minutes and the fee is £65. Longer sessions are payable pro rata and 90 minute sessions are frequently the case once EMDR processing commences but I will discuss with you, in advance, whether any longer sessions are necessary. Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer. If you require a receipt please let me know. I review my fees annually and give at least 3 months notice of any changes.
Once a session is booked, then the fee is payable for that session, whether or not you are able to attend. You will not be charged for a session if you give at least a weeks' notice of cancellation. You obviously do not pay if I have to cancel a session.
HOW MANY SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
It is difficult to quantify how many session will be needed, however, we can discuss this at the outset of therapy.
Whilst you are obviously free to end therapy at any time, I do recommend that you take time to reflect on the end of therapy in sessions before you leave.
What you talk about in the session is treated as private and confidential. There are two exceptions:
- if there is a risk of harm to yourself or someone else, it may be necessary to contact another professional person about your situation. In most circumstances I will consult with you before doing this.
- as part of good professional practice, I will take some of the material from our sessions to supervision; this is annonymised so that your confidentiality is respected.
My accreditation and qualifications are:
* Accredited EMDR Practitioner - (www.emdrassociation.org.uk);
* Supervision of CBT, University of Surrey;
* BABCP Accredited CBT Practitioner - (www.cbtregisteruk.com);
* Postgraduate Diploma in Psychological Intervention (CBT), University of Surrey;
* Diploma in Humanistic Counselling, Roehampton Institute, London - An Institute of the University of Surrey;
*Accredited HCPC (Health & Care Professionals Council) - (www.hcpc-uk.org);
* Diploma in Social Work, DipSW, University of East Anglia;
* MA in Social Work, University of East Anglia;
* BA double Hons, Social Anthropology, University of East Anglia;
If you would like to know more about my qualifications and experience then please do ask.
I abide by the Codes of Ethics of the above organisations.
I have professional insurance for my work.